Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Eyesore - Action and Words

I recently hooked up with Houston's own Eyesore for some action shots. He was also kind enough to answer a few questions. Eyesore definitely has one of the more unique styles, not just for Houston, but anywhere. More Eyesore can be seen on his blog linked to the left as well as my flickr, o texano.  Enjoy.


Bridge Burner:  Who are a few graffiti writers that you find inspirational?
Eyesore:  All of DTS, GY, JADES, DAMET, KIDS, FUKITOL, GOYA, VIZIE, DIRTYJEFF, GIVEUP, DUAL, SWAMPY, BOMIT, BAST, FAILURE, REMIO, and IRAKNY.  
BB:  The kind of "hashing" line stroke you often use to sketch, was that something you learned or did it develop over time on your own?
E:  My obsessive-compulsive line style has happened over time and I’m sure it will continue to evolve with each new drawing or project I get started on. These drawings take hours to complete and I’m always working on 3 or 4 at a time.

BB:  Which is more gratifying for you, people enjoying your work in a gallery or on the street?
E:  I just wanna make, create, setup, build, draw, paint, post and destroy as much as possible anywhere and everyplace.
BB:  You often draw female faces, are most of the subjects people you know or are they fictional?
E:  Most are friends a few are not.
BB:  You have done quite a few street sign pieces, how do you feel about fans taking the signs home?
E:  I don’t mind, I can always make more. 


BB:  It seems that many artists, especially "street artists," from Houston love this city and are very connected to it. Do you ever see yourself leaving Houston?
E:  I hate it here, I never want to leave.
BB:  What was the last show you went to?
E:  Black Tusk
BB:  What are your top 5 albums?
E:  Slint – “Spiderland”, Shellac – “At Action Park”, Converge – “Jane Doe”, Fugazi – “The Argument”, Metallica – “Master of Puppets”

No comments:

Post a Comment