Thursday, April 24, 2014

a few questions for "dailybench"

there is a lot of bullshit on instagram, but if you do use the app and like quality flicks of graffiti and trains, you need to give dailybench a follow (with underscore in front, _dailybench).  he was nice enough to answer a few questions for the blog and show a few of his favorite shots.  enjoy.



Bridge Burner: What state do you do most of your benching and how long have you been at it?
Dailybench:  I do most of my benching in California, Central Valley. I'm 18 now and have only been benching since mid 2009-10.  
BB:  What cameras/gear do you use?
DB:  I bench mostly with my little canon powershot or my iPhone 5 when I don't have my camera. Nothin too fancy.



BB:  When you walk up on a line of boxcars or one is passing by, name 3 writers you are hoping to catch.
DB:  Three writers, kind of a hard question there is alot of different writers I hope or want to catch when benching but 3 favorites of mine have to be Ichabod, Mecro, and Snafu.



BB:  Do you find that the rail workers are indifferent to you taking photos, or have you been hassled much?
DB:  I haven't had too many problems with the bulls while benching most spots are just layups in town, don't really see workers unless they're picking up the line.



BB:  On average, how many hours a week do you bench?
DB:  A week, Maybe 10-11 hours I try to get a quick bench in before work everyday and one after at the main line.



BB:  OnBesides trains/graffiti, what are some other subjects you like to shoot?
DB:  Beside benching freights I also like shooting some nature or city shots when I go hiking or adventuring around the coast and Bay Area.






No comments:

Post a Comment